Friday, August 27, 2021

August Update

        

This month we have been dealing with some more family matters however I made it to one Monday round robin session, received the first delivery of the new control system, completed two more speedometers and got to two opserations sessions at Wayne's.


Control System Replacement


The first delivery hyas been received.










Two more Boosters are on back order.  In the meantime I will use the command station booster to power up one section before it eventually is assigned to accessories.

I didn't get the RS232 to USB cable as they were out of stock so I have ordered one from Amazon so it shoukd be here in around a week - even express post is slow these days.

I need to set the track voltage on each of the boosters to the same as my old system 17V - By doing this I will not have to adjust the speed of all my locos.

Planning for final locations of the new items is underway. Some of the existing wiring such as the throttle LAN is the same configuration in both systems so connections will be made.  Removal of the old Roco System will take place prior to installation and setup of all the components.

I need to install a chassis ground between boosters which did not exist with the old system and I will change the route of the Control Bus to by-pass an area I have not been happy with in the past.

This week I have connected the Command Station Booster to Power District C and a short video below shows the first operation of a switcher at Jimtown.





Speedometers


I finished building speedometers for Don and Des.

Details of the prvious build can be found here.




Ops Sessions


I was lucky to get to Wayne's twice this month after being a "reserve operator" for one session.


11th August


This was the first Ops Session for the month with Alan, Don, Hugh, Murray & Ross we had a good session.  It was the last session of the old timetable being retired after a number of years.

Wayne issuing instructions

Don at Lowood Crossing

Des at Dunkleigh Towers

Wayne, Murray and Hugh at Dunkleigh Towers

Murray & Ross at Forrest Gully with Don in the background

Ross at Red Rock









Afterwards we had the usual debrief and refreashments.








26th August


The second session for the month with Chris, Don, Des, Peter J and Peter S.  I was initially third reserve but as others could not attend got an invite.  It was the first session of Wayne's revamped timetable consisting of 5 Operations Sessions per cycle.  He generally operates two sessions a month.

I scored Yardmaster at Lowood Crossing for the whole session that lasted around 2 1/2 hours.

L-R Don, Des, Wayne, Peter S, Peter J and Chris

Peter J at Mulga Ridge

Don at Dunkleigh Towers

Wayne and Des closely watching Peter J

Peter S at Troubridge Point

Peter J

Des and Don Studying some movements

Chris at Waverly

Des at Mulga Ridge




 

Afterwards we enjoyed the debrief over afternoon tea as per usual.  Overall we thought Wayne had done a good job with the redesigned session.






That's it for now so until next time.....





-ooOOOoo-





No comments:

Post a Comment