This month has seen a very significant proportion of my time taken up with some work and family matters. Some hobby time was found and I worked on: Track Maintenance, High Capacity CD Unit, WiFi Fast Clock Slaves and Control Panels.
Last month I ripped out the problem area and after some mdf was removed by chisel and an acceptable road bed was determined I sealed the area with paint prior to relaying the track. The section functions well now.
High Capacity CD Unit
I built Rosslyn some CD Units thinking they would drive Peco solenoids. When I turned up to help install them I discovered he was trying to throw Tenshodo solenoids which are much larger and require significantly more umph!
I normally use Rob Paisley's circuit with a 3300µf or 4700µf capacitor which easily throws 3 or 4 Peco solenoids simultaneously.
I built a version with two 4700µf capacitors in parallel (9400µf) and that seems to work OK when tested on an old Tenshodo point motor I have from a previous layout. I still need to get to Rosslyn's to install and test where she has two in working together at a cross over.
Following introduction of more realistic operating sessions my operators have been asking for local control panels at Jimtown and Adamsville instead of having to ask the controller/tower man to set the turnouts. I have agreed to this and commenced building them.
They are made and pre-wired ready for installation
WiFi Fast Clocks
I have finished assembling the four slave units.
I have acquired a project box to mount all the base station components in. I started the component measurement process to design the layout of the 8 x 32 LED time display, LCD showing staus of slaves and the control push buttons.
Project Box Width
Project Box Length
8 x 32 LED display width
8 x 32 LED display length
Now for designing the layout and then work on the project box to ready it for the components.
Ops Sessions at Chris's & Wayne's
Due to the work and family issues I missed both sessions, hopefully I can avoid this in the future.
Till the end of July.....