Monday, January 27, 2020

January Update





After Xmas my wife and I wet away for a few days and when we got home on December 30 water was running out the front door, side door and brickwork.  about a quarter of the train room carpet was squelchy under foot.  This month activities included building timber loads and that new booster... and some kits to build.




House Flooded


The backdrop to Huntington - the branch line in the AV room - has suffered some damage as the wall fixings to the brickwork allowed water to weep through from the saturated cavity and the MDF has swelled in a number of locations.

So I was getting board living in temporary apartment accommodation in the city some 45 minute drive from home so I collected some hobby stuff and continued building my timber loads - at least the main layout appears not to have been impacted but a close inspection is still required.

Looks like we will not get back home for a couple of months...





The AV room - Huntington in the background





Timber Loads


I brought some tools and materials to make timber loads, shown next to the suitcases...


The only place I could put the vice was bench above the microwave when cutting balsa

Started using the table for my modelling area
The apartment desk beomes my modelling area so I don't have to pack up everytime!
A4 printed sticky label cut and applied to balsa

Adding the dunage so forklift tynes can access bundles
 Building the stacks





Trial fit to establish how many packs in the stack



Extra stacks for industries on the layout







New Booster


It is still on back order...................... 


Blue Box & MDC Kits


I have had these sitting on the shelf for a few decades so now might be a good time to start on them.

13 in the pile...



That's it for now so until next time.....





-ooOOOoo-

No comments:

Post a Comment